- One of the first non-commercial photographers that began to shoot in colour.
- Creates images from commonplace objects, the banal and everyday, with a special attention to detail.
- Makes large-format prints to monumentalize otherwise mundane objects.
- Does not discriminate between the objects he shoots, that is, “he sees a sunset the same as a dirty toilet filled with piss.”
(Images from http://www.egglestontrust.com/)
Kyle Van Horn:
- Professor in the Fine Arts department at the Maryland Institute and co-owner of Baltimore Print Studios.
- Attached a camera to a piece of black foam core and mailed it around the world, asking postal workers to take a picture before they mailed it.
- Got inspiration from Kyle Van Horn.
- Damaged disposable cameras.
- Disposable camera in pool.
- DIY macro lens with disposable camera.